Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card
The state government of Tamilnadu is issued smart ration cards to the eligible citizens of the state. It is welcoming applications for the new smart cards through the official website of Public Distribution System. The official website where the application forms are available is www.tnpds.gov.in. The TN state government launched the Smart Family Card Scheme in the state of TN under which it will convert all the ration cards with new smart ration cards. As the name sums it up, the smart ration cards will have good range of facilities and will make it easy for the ration card holders to receive the ration.
The currently-in-use ration cards will be replaced by these new smart ration cards by the government. The existing ration card holders will receive a PIN on their mobile number using which they can collect their smart ration card from their nearest smart ration card distribution center. The SMS needs to be shown to the officials at the office to get the smart ration card. Most of the Tamil Nadu eligible ration card holders have applied for the TN Smart Ration cards and are now waiting to check their status. We have provided below the steps to apply online for smart ration card and also the steps to check status online.
How to apply for TN Smart Ration Card Online?
To apply for TN smart ration cards follow the below steps:
- Go to the official website of TN Public Distribution System i.e., tnpds.gov.in.
- In the official website, click on ‘Smart Card Application’ present under the useful links section in the right side.
- On clicking the link, the application form will open in a new page and you start filling it with appropriate details.
- On successful filling of the application form, upload the residence proof in the form of JPG, PNG or GIF format. Make sure the file size is no more than 2 MB.
- On filling the form and uploading the docs, click on submit button present at the bottom of the page.
- On submitting the application form, you will be provided with a reference number that will later be useful for tracking the application status online.
How to check TN Smart Card Status Online?
To check the status of TN Smart Card of Family card, first you need to visit the official website of TNPDS. The official website is tnpds.gov.in. To track the status, users must have the reference number with them. On clicking ‘New Card Application Status’ link in the homepage of the website, you can get the status of TN smart card.
- Go to the official website of TNPDS.
- Click on ‘New Card Application Status’ link.
- Enter your application reference number and click on submit.
- Your application status will appear on the screen.
People can also check their smart ration card status by downloading the PDS public mobile app that was launched by TNPDS.
Helpline numbers for Smart Card
The toll free helpline numbers for PDS are 1967 or 1800-425-5901.
We have covered all the required information on TN Smart Card application and how to check TN Ration Card status online along with the helpline numbers.Hope this article on TNPDS Smart Card helps you.